I just wanted to let you know that registration for our year 10 & 11 Virtual Taster Event at Riverside and
Cronton College is now OPEN!
Year 10 and 11 pupils and their parents can register for the events. Please note, there are two events (one
for Cronton and one for Riverside) and they can attend both (or one) as many times as they like during our
Virtual Taster Week (Monday 6th July – Friday 10th July between 12 pm – 3 pm)
Staff at both colleges have been working extra hard to help support your pupils with transition to college/
year 11 to provide additional advice and guidance as we are unable to host actual taster days this summer.
The events have been designed especially for year 10 and 11 pupils and will include videos, tutorials,
seminars, practical sessions and live chat throughout to include:
- Advice and guidance about A Levels, Vocational Courses and Apprenticeships, and the importance
of achieving their best GCSEs
- All Cronton courses including welcome from staff, students and activity worksheets
- All Riverside courses including welcome from staff, students and activity worksheets
- Apprenticeships on offer, how to apply for and how to secure one!
- Bursary and financial support (and how to apply for it)
- Bus pass scheme (and how to apply for it)
- How to apply for September 2021 (for year 10s)
- How to enrol this summer (for year 11s)
- Live experiments from our science staff (Cronton STEM Centre of Excellence)
- Live fitness sessions to join in with (Cronton Centre of Sporting Excellence)
- Live musicals and dance shows (Cronton Performing Arts Centre of Excellence)
- Live catering masterclasses including how to make mango ice-cream with three ingredients
(Riverside Hospitality and Catering Centre of Excellence)
- Live hair and makeup masterclasses including eyelash extension and wedding hairstyle (Riverside
Hair and Beauty Centre of Excellence)
- PPE and COVID 19 safe college practices (for year 11s)
- Prestigious Universities Programme and how to gain a place at Oxbridge
- Support and pastoral care
- Trips, visits, enrichment and college life
- Tailored advice and guidance for pupil, parents and school teachers answered on the live chatThese virtual taster sessions are designed to ensure that the classes of 2020 and 2021 do not miss out.
This summer hasn’t worked out the way any of us had planned so we hope by pulling this together, we will
be able to reassure pupils, their parents and yourselves that we haven’t forgotten, and are still here
providing advice, guidance and experiences, just in a different way.
Please see attached for more information about our other activities which are on offer for Schools in
Any questions or problems ring or email me.
Careers Lead / Key Worker